Hello Selwyn Parents! On this page, you can find links to key information you may need to refer to throughout the year.
Tours are given on Monday’s and Tuesdays at 9:30 am or by appointment.
Prospective Parents Open House
Families with Rising Kindergartners in 2019 are invited to attend a meeting and open house on Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 9:30 am. Information will be presented by Selwyn Principal Dr. Harris and a Selwyn Kindergarten teacher. Parents with children currently thriving at Selwyn will also be on hand to share their own personal insights. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
We would like to welcome you to our Selwyn community! Please find information below which we feel is helpful to all parents of our school but should help you get a jump start on finding out more.
- Please access An ABC Guide to Selwyn Elementary to find answers to some Frequently Asked Questions
- If you would like to be connected to an existing Selwyn family who will help answer questions, offer information, and be a guide during your transition, please contact the PTA President.
If you have a child who will enter kindergarten in 2019-20 or know someone who does, now is the time to enroll your child with Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools! Enrollment information is available on the Selwyn Elementary registration page. Completed forms should be brought to the Selwyn Elementary School office, 2840 Colony Rd., Charlotte, NC 28211. All rising kindergartners who are enrolled for Selwyn will receive an invitation to our Beginner’s Day on Friday, May 10 from 9:30-10:30 am.
How to Register for Transportation Click Here
Fall Dates for Rising Kindergartners:
- Popsicles on the Playground: Thursday, August 22 from 10-11am
- Kindergarten Staggered Entry: August 26-August 28
- Meet Your Teacher: Thursday, August 29
- First Full Day for All Kindergartners: Friday, August 30
*The dates and times above are subject to change
Selwyn Elementary Website – Here you can find out more information about the school. Within the school site, you can find:
- Rules for the Nest– overall school rules and procedures, Rights and Responsibilities, classroom/bus/cafeteria rules and procedures and behavior expectations
- School Leadership Team (SLT) information – SLT support the School Improvement Plan which contains the strategic goals designed to keep Selwyn and it’s students achieving at a high level.
- Bring Your Own Technology information
- School Technology information – how to access school technology tools from any internet connected device
On other areas of the Selwyn PTA website, you can:
- SUBSCRIBE to receive our weekly Eagle Email and Grade Level List Servs. The Eagle Email is a weekly e-mail that is sent out with upcoming events and activities. Grade Level communications are also sent out for specific information or activities which only effect one grade.
- CHECK OUT our PTA Calendar for a complete list of events. Class calendars are also available via links next to each teacher listed under CLASS PAGES on the top navigation bar.
- ADVOCATE for our schools.
How to Get Involved at Selwyn
- REGISTER to Volunteer with CMS. In order to volunteer in any capacity at Selwyn, you need to be a registered CMS volunteer. You will need to sign in the office every time you visit the school.
- EXPLORE our PTA Board Positions to see if you would be interested in a leadership position within the PTA. If you would like further information about a position, contact the PTA President.
- COMPLETE the PTA volunteer form if you would like to join a committee and a committee chair will contact you with more information.
- SIGN UP to Volunteer today – There are always volunteer opportunities that arise to support ongoing programs. Access the active sign-ups to see volunteer opportunities which are available NOW!