Hello Selwyn Parents! On this page, you can find links to key information you may need to refer to throughout the year.
- Please access An ABC Guide to Selwyn Elementary to find answers to some Frequently Asked Questions
- If you would like to be connected to an existing Selwyn family who will help answer questions, offer information, and be a guide during your transition, please contact the Transferring Family committee chairs.
- REGISTER your Kindergartner today with CMS! (Spanish New Student Enrollment Form) All students need to be enrolled and proper CMS paperwork turned in to the front office of Selwyn Elementary. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 2:45pm.If you are unsure if Selwyn is your home school, check the current boundary map.
- ACCESS key forms for all Kindergarten Families.
- SIGN UP for The Kindergarten Entry Profile (KEP). The KEP allows teachers to meet with students in small groups to assess each child prior to the start of the school year. The KEP will be used for the purposes of class placement and team planning. Students will sign up for a slot on May 21st, May 22nd, or August 15th.
- SIGN UP to receive e-mails specifically for Rising Kindergartners and/or the Eagle Email.
Selwyn Elementary Website – Here you can find out more information about the school. Within the school site, you can find:
- Rules for the Nest– overall school rules and procedures, Rights and Responsibilities, classroom/bus/cafeteria rules and procedures and behavior expectations
- School Leadership Team (SLT) information – SLT support the School Improvement Plan which contains the strategic goals designed to keep Selwyn and it’s students achieving at a high level.
- Bring Your Own Technology information
- School Technology information – how to access school technology tools from any internet connected device
On other areas of the Selwyn PTA website, you can:
- SUBSCRIBE to receive our weekly Eagle Email and Grade Level List Servs. The Eagle Email is a weekly e-mail that is sent out with upcoming events and activities. Grade Level communications are also sent out for specific information or activities which only effect one grade.
- CHECK OUT our PTA Calendar for a complete list of events. Class calendars are also available via links next to each teacher listed under CLASS PAGES on the top navigation bar.
- ADVOCATE for our schools.
How to Get Involved at Selwyn
- REGISTER to Volunteer with CMS. In order to volunteer in any capacity at Selwyn, you need to be a registered CMS volunteer. You will need to sign in the office every time you visit the school.
- EXPLORE our PTA Board Positions to see if you would be interested in a leadership position within the PTA. If you would like further information about a position, contact the PTA President.
- COMPLETE the PTA volunteer form if you would like to join a committee and a committee chair will contact you with more information.
- SIGN UP to Volunteer today – There are always volunteer opportunities that arise to support ongoing programs. Access the active sign-ups to see volunteer opportunities which are available NOW!