Health, Safety and Wellness
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
1/2 c coconut oil
1/2 c dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
2 T organic, unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c coconut sugar
1 c gluten free flour (I used 1/2 oat flour 1/2 all-purpose gluten-free flour)
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
1 c organic zucchini, shredded with the liquid squeezed out
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Grate the zucchini over paper towel (or use a food processor) and squeeze liquid out.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cocoa powder through zucchini.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into regular or mini muffin cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
This is a green smoothie recipe that many kids love. It is a great after-school treat!
1c spinach or kale
1 banana (frozen is great)
1 orange, peeled
½ c frozen mango
½ c frozen pineapple