Virtual ScArts and PTA Meeting May 26, 2020
The direction of the Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) as shown through its activities, programs and stated positions is guided by the National PTA mission. The mission of the National PTA is threefold:
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children, and
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
The goals of the local Parent-Teacher Association are:
- To increase positive communication between parents, teachers and community,
- To provide cultural programs that enrich and broaden our children’s educational experience,
- To provide parent and family programs that focus on fun and/or educational issues that are of interest to the membership, and
- To organize special activities throughout the school year to demonstrate our appreciation for our excellent teachers and staff.
The Selwyn PTA has over 600 members. All parents are encouraged to join the PTA ($7 annually/person or $14 annually/family) and actively participate in the committees and programs. There are three General PTA Membership meetings during the school year (fall, winter and spring). All parents are encouraged to attend. The PTA Board is composed of approximately 100 volunteers who oversee and organize experiences for children that support the school’s goals and the students’ interests. At PTA Board Meetings, which are open to all PTA members, board members report on the status of their committee’s work. Please consult the calendar for dates of General Membership and Board Meetings.
CLICK HERE FOR WAYS TO HELP