Red Ribbon Reading
Red Ribbon Reading is not only a wonderful opportunity to continue your child’s reading, writing and math progress over the summer months, but also is the only Selwyn fundraiser that 100% funds the PTA Operating Budget. This highly celebrated and fun summer program helps Selwyn students take ownership of all the great learning opportunities the PTA provides over the school year.
Here is how Red Ribbon Reading works:
- Help your child set his or her summer goal.
- Ask parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends and neighbors to pledge an amount of money per hour of summer reading, writing and math or make a flat donation.
- Find out if your employer will provide a corporate match.
- Record summer goal and pledges online
- Fill out pledge form online.
- READ, WRITE AND PRACTICE MATH!!
- Please print out the reading chart and help your child keep track of his or her hours.
- Don’t forget: reading to your children counts!
- Click Here to Record Your Child’s Hours and View Payment Options
- Pledge amounts will be returned to parents via email.
- Tally summer reading, writing and math hours and collect pledged dollars from sponsors.
- By September 18, please complete online form by recording hours and submitting payment.
- Celebrate your success on RED FRIDAY!
To fully realize the importance and benefits of Red Ribbon Reading, take a look at just a few (of the many) items funded by donations received through this program.
- Field Trips (AW Shucks Farm, Zootastic, Panthers Stadium, Discovery Place, Nature Museum, Hunter Farms)
- Selwyn Celebrates the Arts (SCARTS)
- Campus Beautification
- Science Lab/Makerspace
- Safety Patrol
- Outreach Programs (Loaves & Fishes, Baby Bundles, Lunch Project, Urban Ministries, Summit Living Center)
- Events for Prospective Parents and Students
- Fifth Grade Promotion Day
- Supplies for Health Room
- Professional Development for Teachers
- Red & Blue Day
Contact your Red Ribbon Reading Committee: SelwynRRR@gmail.com
Red Ribbon Reading Committee
Whitney Hinson, Danielle South, Liz Greenhagen, Heather Salameh
Thank you to all of our RRR Sponsors!
In Kind Sponsors